The tribulation (also called the apocalypse or the end times) is divided into two parts. The first part is for this generation, beginning with World War 3 and ending with the Three Days of Darkness. Then there is a space of time, the inter-tribulation period. Finally, in the 25th century, the second part of the tribulation unfolds, ending with the Return of Jesus Christ.
The tribulation is described in the Book of Revelation, the last book of the New Testament, under the figure of Seven Seals. The Seventh Seal is divided into Seven Trumpets, and the Seventh Trumpet is divided into Seven Bowls of the Wrath of God. But all these things — Seals, Trumpets, Bowls — are figures representing sets of events during the tribulation. The first six Seals, and the first six Trumpets of the Seventh Seal are the afflictions of the first part of the tribulation. The Seventh Trumpet of the Seventh Seal (with its seven bowls of God’s wrath) completes the second part of the tribulation centuries later.
The first part of the tribulation unfolds as follows:
1. First Seal is the same as the first horseman of the apocalypse: World War 3 (2016 to 2022).
World War 3 is the war of the Arab/Muslim nations of the Middle East and northern Africa, led by Islamic extremists, against the U.S. and Europe. This group of nations will be led by Iran and by ISIL (which will soon take control of Iraq). They win World War 3.
2. Second Seal is the same as the second horseman: severe civil unrest (2016 to 2022).
3. Third Seal is the same as the third horseman: famine especially in wealthy nations (2016 to 2022).
4. Fourth Seal is the same as the fourth horseman: death from a variety of causes, including a disease pandemic, and the fear of death (2016 to 2022).
5. Fifth Seal is a great Martyrdom of Christians, a Christian Holocaust, in the occupied nations after World War 3 (2028 to 2034).
6. Sixth Seal is World War 4, an all-out nuclear war between the U.S. (with our allies) and the Islamic extremists (2033 to 2037).
7. Seventh Seal is divided into Seven Trumpets (2037 to 2040).
a. First Trumpet: pieces of a broken comet fall to earth and burn up a third of the land area
b. Second Trumpet: one large piece of the same comet falls into the ocean, causing vast devastation along every coastline
c. Third Trumpet: radioactive fallout from World War 4
d. Fourth Trumpet: nuclear winter
e. Fifth Trumpet (first woe) — something like locusts torments the people of the world for 5 months (8 Nov 2038 to 9 April 2039)
f. Sixth Trumpet (second woe) — the Three Days of Darkness
The Three Days of Darkness occurs on March 29, 30, 31 in the year 2040 A.D. Everyone must stay indoors for those three days. Anyone who goes outside will be killed. No light from the sun, moon, stars, fires, or electricity will be seen by humanity. Only blessed candles will give light, and then only for those who have faith.
The Three Days of Darkness kills one third of the human race worldwide. But during those three days, God also heals the world of the harm caused by the first part of the tribulation. The nuclear fallout will be gone. Nature will be on the path to a quick recovery. But the infrastructure of modern society will lie in shambles.
Most of those killed during the Three Days of Darkness will be unrepentant sinners. Those left alive afterward will have a holy fear of God. Most people will have no electricity. For a time, people will live simple humble lives. The Church will lead the world in peace, holiness, and rebuilding.
See my booklet: The Three Days of Darkness and the Time of Peace for much more on this event.
Please take a look at this list of my books and booklets, and see if any topic interests you.