What will you do if Pope Francis decides to do any or all of the following:
1. allows the divorced and remarried to receive Communion
2. allows gay couples to receive Communion
3. allows any baptized Catholic to receive Communion on the basis of their own judgment of conscience
4. teaches that women can be ordained as deacons, and allows their ordination
5. appoints lay women as Cardinals
6. decides that parishes may not refuse to baptize the children of gay couples
7. teaches that atheists and non-Christian believers can be saved without converting
I don’t know what Pope Francis will decide at the Synod. It’s a hypothetical. The question is essentially this: Will you leave the Church, or accuse Pope Francis of heresy, or decide that he is not a valid Pope? He’s not going to change and become a conservative. Can you stand to be in a Church led by a liberal Pope?
In your opinion, can a Pope ever possibly commit the sin of heresy or teach material heresy?
Readers, please post your response in the comments below.
Please take a look at this list of my books and booklets, and see if any topic interests you.