Four Cardinals made public a formerly-private letter the Pope Francis. The letter contains 5 Dubia (“doubts”) asking querulous questions on Amoris Laetitia.
Here’s what they should have said (instead of what they actually said) —
1. The Church is indefectible. She can never go astray or lead anyone astray.
2. Peter and his successors are the Rock on which the Church is founded.
3. Each Roman Pontiff has the gift of truth and never-failing faith, divinely-conferred for the salvation of all.
4. Therefore, the Roman Pontiff can never teach heresy, and can never commit apostasy, heresy, or schism.
5. Any Roman Pontiff can possibly err in his personal opinions and decisions on discipline.
6. Any Roman Pontiff can possibly err, to a limited extent, in his non-infallible teachings.
7. Pope Francis is the current valid Roman Pontiff of the one true Church.
8. We think that Amoris Laetitia contains a few limited errors, but we perhaps we have misunderstood.
You might think that what the Cardinals actually did say in their letter and dubia was not so bad. But I see it as one major step toward the conservative schism.
Please keep me in your prayers. I am still suffering a great deal from back pain.
Please take a look at this list of my books and booklets, and see if any topic interests you.