In his first book, After The Warning 2016, Bruce Cyr claims that he has receive private revelation from God about the future. He also claims to have studied the writings of Saints and visionaries on the same topic. In that book, he presented a detailed description of future events and their timing. A large portion of that timeline is the same as the events and timing found in my works of eschatology. And he offers no attribution to my works. Most of the dates in his book are taken from my work in eschatology, especially my book: “The Secrets of Medjugorje and Garabandal”, published in 2007. He obtusely references my book by saying only: “in 2007, I first read contemporary prophecies of New York’s destruction by a nuclear bomb…” but without attribution.
In that first book, Cyr predicts the Warning in 2016 on Good Friday at 3 p.m. Jerusalem time, matching my predicted date and time. In the revised version of that work, which is now called “After the Warning to 2038”, he updates his date for the Warning to a (non-specific) Friday of 2017, just as I changed my date for the Warning to 2017. I now mention that the Warning might occur in a later year, 2022 or 2023. He now mentions that the Warning might occur in 2023.
Some of the many points from my eschatology, plagiarized (and in some cases distorted) by Cyr:
* My interpretation of Daniel chapter 9, that the start of the seventy weeks of years began with the founding of the State of Israel
* My interpretation of the Three Popes prophecy of Garabandal
* My dates for the Warning, as occurring on Good Friday in 2016, later updated to 2017
* My insight that the Warning of Garabandal is the same as the first secret of Medjugorje
* My insight that the first and second secrets of Medjugorje are revealed at the same time, and that they occur two days apart, on Friday and Sunday
* The event I call the Consolation, re-imagined by Cyr as an outpouring of the Holy Spirit
* My years for the Miracle (2017 or 2023)
* My insight that the Miracle of Garabandal is the same as the third secret of Medjugorje
* My insight (which he presents only as a possibility) that many persons will be healed all over the world at the Miracle
* My prediction of a time of 40 years, from 2000 to 2040
* My insight that the secrets of Medjugorje align with the Seven Seals of the Book of Revelation
* My prediction that New York City will be struck by a nuclear bomb
* My interpretation that the fifth seal is a great martyrdom of Christians
* My prediction that the Muslim nations will conquer Europe and a vast territory during World War 3 (in advance of that martyrdom)
* My prediction of a comet striking the earth and its timing in the late 2030’s, just after World War 4
* The dates for World War 4, 2033 to 2037
* The Three Days of Darkness as one of the secrets of Medjugorje (tenth)
* The interpretation that the sixth Seal in Revelation is the Three Days of Darkness
* The identity of the Great Catholic Monarch as Ferdinand Zvonimir, the reason he is the Great Catholic Monarch, and his association with the passage from Daniel chapter 9
* The identity of the Angelic Shepherd, Fr. Zlatko Sudac, as the Pope who will cross the sea (after World War 4)
* The martyrdom of a Pope
* The destruction of Vatican City
* My predictions about the reign of the great Catholic monarch and the Angelic Shepherd
* The time of peace after the Three Days of Darkness
* The prediction of a great Ecumenical Council (which Cyr places in the wrong time period)
* The division of the tribulation into two time periods, one for this generation, and one hundreds of years from now
* The timing of the Antichrist’s reign in the early 25th century (2400’s) and the Return of Christ after that
* My year for the return of Christ is 2437 AD; his year is 2438 AD.
* My predictions about the kingdom of the ten kings and the passage of Daniel interpreted to support these predictions
* My distinction between the spirit of the Antichrist and the man who is the Antichrist
* My interpretation of 2 Thessalonians 2:6 “what it is that holds him back” as Christ’s presence in the Eucharist
* The length of the Antichrist’s reign as three and one half years
* The identification of the abomination of desolation as a false Eucharist
* At least several of my specific interpretations of Sacred Scripture in Daniel and Revelation
* My explanation as to why the two witnesses of Revelation are actually Enoch and Elijah
* My description of the end of the Antichrist’s reign and its specific timing
* My position that Christ Returns twice, once at the end of the tribulation, then again after a long period of peace and holiness lasting over a thousand years
All of the above points were plagiarized by Bruce Cyr from my writings in eschatology. My publication of all these ideas precedes the publication of his first book by many years. My first book of eschatology was published in 1998. My book on Medjugorje and Garabandal was published in 2007. Cyr published his first book on the topic in 2014.
Most of the above points are unique to my writings in eschatology. Some of the points that were plagiarized involve long passages in my writings, reproduced in Cyr’s book with a few changes here and there, rephrased but still clearly my work and not his. I don’t believe that these many points could have been the result of reaching the same conclusion, or of inadvertently taking my ideas and calling them his own. The plagiarism is so extensive on so many important points of eschatology that it could only have been done fully deliberately.
Bruce Cyr claims to have received many private revelations from God about the future. I don’t believe that his private revelations are from Heaven at all. But fully deliberate plagiarism of theology, on a subject so grave as the future sufferings and blessings from God on the human race, is necessarily grave matter. And this gravely immoral sin was committed deliberately, first in his book published in 2014, and now in the retitled and reworked version of the same work, published in March of 2017. So you have to ask yourself, would God really give so many supernatural private revelations as Cyr claims to have received, revelations about the future, to someone who commits the grave sin of theft of intellectual property (i.e. plagiarism) on the same subject? I think not.
Long sections of his book contain nothing but quotes from private revelation, with no commentary or explanation.
Cyr’s description of the Warning is incorrect. He claims that everyone will see Jesus on the Cross at the Warning. He claims that everyone will see all the sins of their lifetime, and all events, good and bad, in their lifetime. These claims are not justified by anything the visionaries of Garabandal actually said. Instead, as I understand the event, only a few holy persons will see Jesus on the Cross. And everyone will be shown only the sins still remaining on their conscience, NOT all their sins, NOT all the good and bad they have done in their entire life.
Cyr incorrectly claims that the second secret of Medjugorje is given to all humanity, with no one left out. In my view, the second secret is the gift of consolation and is only given to those who repented at the Warning (first secret).
Cyr incorrectly claims that the Warning is the first Seal and first horseman of the book of Revelation. In my eschatology, World War 3 is the first seal and first horseman.
Note that Cyr only says that the first secret (the Warning) and the second secret occur on Friday and Sunday consecutively. My view is that the dates are Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
Cyr incorrectly claims that the great event in the Church that coincides with the Miracle is the proclamation of a new Marian dogma. My view is that the event is the canonization of two Popes on the same day.
Cyr incorrectly claims that the Permanent Sign after the Miracle is a column of fire left at Garabandal. This claim contradicts the assertions of the visionaries that it will be something never before seen on earth. A column of fire was seen on earth during the time of Moses.
Cyr incorrectly claims that the second Seal and second horseman is both World War 3 and great civil unrest. In my interpretation, World War 3 is the first seal, and civil unrest is the second seal.
Cyr relies on the false visionary Charlie Johnston for some of his eschatology.
Note that Cyr rejects my discernment of the martyr of the Eucharist predicted at Garabandal as Blessed Imelda, and instead he claims that St. Hermenegild is the martyr. This mistake results in Cyr placing the Miracle on April 13th, supposedly AFTER the Warning, all in 2017. By April 13 of 2017, we will all see that he was wrong. He plagiarizes my work, but he also distorts it and adds his own errors.
Unlike my works of eschatology, Cyr fills his book with conspiracy theories of “global elitists” and “freemasons” and “the illuminati”. Cyr quotes conspiracy theorist Nesta Webster over a dozen times, in an effort to convince the reader that a small elite group of Freemasons/Illuminati are manipulating world events. Bruce Cyr also makes the ridiculous claim that the “charitable foundations of “Rockefeller, Ford and Carnegie,” along with the United Nations, the Federal Reserve, and the IRS, are all involved in this global conspiracy. No sane person, and no devout Catholic should believe such foolishness.
Cyr is also a 9/11 truther. He thinks that the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center was actually carried out by the U.S. government using explosives planted in the towers. He also claims that the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center towers were flown by remote control, and that the entire 9/11 set of attacks was a “false flag operation”. These claims are absurd, thoroughly discredited, and contrary to reason. These claims have no place in any work of theology or eschatology.
I’m offended that Cyr would plagiarize my work so extensively. And I’m doubly offended that he would mix my pious speculative eschatology with Cyr’s false claim of his own private revelation, and absurd conspiracy theories. It is a testament to Cyr’s lack of integrity as an author that his ridiculous conspiracy theories are also taken from other authors.
Cyr also claims to have received much private revelation about the future, on which his book is supposedly based. About a third of the footnotes in his book are merely references to his own claimed private revelation, which is not at all approved by the Church. In one such claimed revelation, Cyr says that he saw Saint Brigit in a hotel lobby and also saw the Antichrist on a TV screen in that lobby. His alleged private revelations are ridiculous.
Cyr claims that “Pope Francis I, will reign into the 2020s and part of the 2030s, despite his age,” a claim that will certainly turn out to be false, as Pope Francis is advanced in age and has spoken of possibly retiring. Cyr also claims that after Pope Francis, there will be “no legitimate pope will be in authority for 25 months or more….”
And his books contain many other errors on the topic of eschatology. Not recommended to any faithful Catholic.